Legend of the Five Rings: Creatures of Rokugan Third Edition
Rokugan has never belonged to humans alone. Ages before the dawn of the Empire, great civilizations built by non-human races such as the naga and the ogres marked the land, and although they are gone now, their descendants still dwell upon the earth and in the seas. Since the catastrophic Fall of Fu Leng, oni - the spawn of Jigoku and their terrible offspring - have walked the Shadowlands, warred against the Empire without cease, and even been summoned into Rokugan itself. And of course, a dazzling variety of creatures great and small have always been a part of this world - some fearsome, some benign, some visitors from other Spirit Realms, such as the playful kitsune and the terrifying tsuno.
This is their story, and no understanding of Rokugan would be complete without them. Creatures of Rokugan: Third Edition is a comprehensive catalogue of the remarkable creatures and monsters that populate Rokugan and the Shadowlands, presented to conform to Legend of the Five Rings Roleplaying Game Third Edition rules. You will all manner of creatures, spirits, oni and ghosts here, from the sorcerous ashalan to the bizarre, but once-proud zokujin, and even more:
- Over 200 entries, including some creatures never before described for any edition of Legend of the Five Rings Roleplaying Game.
- Rules for creating naga and nezumi player characters.
- Detailed discussions of naga and nezumi history, society and culture, including their relationships with the Great Clans.
- Rules for creating shapeshifter player characters, updated for Third Edition rules.
- Standardized sets of traits and abilities for various classes of creatures makes them easier to use and remember.
This book is a must-have resource for every Legend of the Five Rings Roleplaying Game campaign, especially those that involve the Shadowlands. Because there are always times - whether it’s a maho-tsukai summoning an oni, or a haunting by a gaki, or a bakeneko having a bit of fun at a human’s expense - when it isn’t just about the samurai. Creatures of Rokugan: Third Edition is a rules supplement and its use requires the Legend of the Five Rings Roleplaying Game Third Edition core rulebook.